PC Security Forum

Full Version: Security problem with my laptop????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have problem with the Blue-tooth.
How to tlroubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Can you help me?
This issue may occur because of a lack of power for the device, a corrupted installation of the Bluetooth device software, defective hardware, or hardware that is not supported. To resolve these issues, follow these steps:
Verify that you have Windows XP SP2 installed. To do this, follow these steps:
a.
Click Start, and then click Run.
b.
In the Open box, type winver.exe, and then click OK.
c.
In the About Windows dialog box, verify that Windows XP SP2 is installed.
Make sure that the Bluetooth device is installed. To do this, click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK. This command shows Bluetooth device properties.
Make sure that the Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer option is selected in the Bluetooth device properties.
Check your device specifications to make sure that the Bluetooth device is within the correct operating range specifications.
Verify that the Bluetooth device is powered on and that it is enabled.
Verify that the Bluetooth device is discoverable. For the Bluetooth device to be discoverable, you must turn on the Bluetooth discovery option in Windows XP SP2. To do this, follow these steps:
a.
Right-click the Bluetooth icon in the notification area, and then click Open Bluetooth Settings. If the Bluetooth icon is not in the notification area, click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
b.
On the Options tab, click to select the Turn discovery on check box, and then click Apply.
c.
To let other Bluetooth devices connect to your computer, click to select the Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer check box, and then click OK.
Has the connection been interrupted by something in the area? Wireless technology is susceptible to interference from the environment. Try to connect to your Bluetooth device again.
Is one of the devices too busy? Does it have too many connections? For example, a printer may have other connections that prevent your connection.
In Device Manager, locate Bluetooth Radios, and then verify that the radio is listed. To do this, follow these steps:
a.
Click Start, and then click Run.
b.
Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
c.
Locate and then click the Bluetooth radio device.
Determine what other USB devices are currently connected. The Bluetooth device may not have enough power. If there are no entries in Device Manager or in Control Panel, the transceiver is not getting enough power for detection. Try unplugging other USB devices.
If Device Manager and Control Panel entries exist for a device, but the device is not detected or it is not connecting correctly, the device may not have been authenticated through the software.
I have laptop. I have also problem Blue tooth device software, defective hardware, or hardware that is not supported. Security is main problem in my laptop. I have install many lots of software install in my PC.But not sole my problem.
If there are no entries in Device Manager or in Control Panel, the transceiver is not getting enough power for detection. Try unplugging other USB devices.
Crackers had not yet had time to latch on to the new technology and wireless was not commonly found in the work place. However, there are a great number of security risks associated with the current wireless protocols and encryption methods, and in the carelessness and ignorance that exists at the user and corporate IT level.
Reference URL's