PC Security Forum

Full Version: How Do I Unlock My Samsung laptop Keyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A locked keyboard is a real hassle. Producing either odd characters and numbers or no response at all (no matter how many keys you mash), a locked keyboard prevents you from anything on your computer. While fixes vary from brand to brand and situation to situation, there are a number of approaches you can take to unlocking the keyboard on your notebook without having to call an expert.

Function Locks

1.Check your Samsung Laptop Keyboard for any lights signifying a Number Lock, Caps Lock or Scroll Lock is on. Oftentimes people will turn these functions on without realizing it.

2.Switch the function off by hitting the appropriate key on your keyboard until the light is off. Sometimes you need to hold the Fn (function) key as you press the button to toggle it on and off. This varies from notebook to notebook.

3.Try your keyboard and see if it works.

Accessibility Options

1.Click the Start button on the Desktop taskbar.

2.Open the Control Panel and click Accessibility Options. If running a newer operating system like Windows Vista or Windows 7, open the Ease of Access settings menu.

3.Select the option to adjust settings for the Samsung Laptop Keyboard.

4.Check to make sure Sticky Keys, Filter Keys and Toggle Keys are disabled (un-check the box next to each option). These functions alter the performance of the keyboard and may cause it to slow down or seem locked.

5.Apply the changes and click "OK." Check and see if your keyboard is working.

Battery Removal

1.Exit and close all programs on your notebook. If your notebook Samsung Laptop Keyboard is completely disabled, use the mouse or touchpad to complete the task.

2.Shut down your notebook (Start>click the option to Shut Down).

3.Wait for your notebook to shut down and close it. Unplug the AC adapter from the adapter port, and flip the notebook over so you can see the battery.

4.Unlock and remove the battery from the notebook.
This is becomes great guide ever for every one each thing include in point wise description so easy to understood and utilize and no words for me to appropriate your post and if you have like wise same information more then please posting here and for that thanks in advance.
Just had this occur for the first time tonight (Samsung Series 9 laptop, bought 3/2013). Couldn't type any characters and when I hit the backspace key I got a symbol. Ran virus and pest scans which found nothing. It started working a short time later and I found this site so I would know what to try if it happens again. I didn't want to reboot in case I couldn't type my PW to get back in! Checked ease of access and deselected the only item selected (turn on toggle key after holding num lock down for 5 seconds). I don't even see a num lock key, only a Fn Lock; however, there is a key I just noticed (duh) and I don't know what it is--to the right of the space bar, between Alt and Ctrl. It looks like a file cabinet and has an arrow on it (like I said, duh).

Glad the keyboard started working for whatever reason; removing the battery is not an option on this model.
Quote:Just had this occur for the first time tonight (Samsung Series 9 laptop, bought 3/2013). Couldn't type any characters and when I hit the backspace key I got a symbol. Ran virus and pest scans which found nothing. It started working a short time later and I found this site so I would know what to try if it happens again. I didn't want to reboot in case I couldn't type my PW to get back in! Checked ease of access and deselected the only item selected (turn on toggle key after holding num lock down for 5 seconds). I don't even see a num lock key, only a Fn Lock; however, there is a key I just noticed (duh) and I don't know what it is--to the right of the space bar, between Alt and Ctrl. It looks like a file cabinet and has an arrow on it (like I said, duh).

Glad the keyboard started working for whatever reason; removing the battery is not an option on this model.

If I forgot the login password, this method won't work for me. For the login and admin password on a Windows computer, try some Windows password recovery tool like ntpassword, ophcrak or iSeePassword. You need to prepare a USB drive.
https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/walkthrough.html

http://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-access-a-laptop-without-password.html

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download...ype=livecd

hope my answer helps!
Those tips are so useful. It would be a mess if the keyboard was locked. When you searched in Google, there are so many suggestions that don't work at all. It is totally a waste of time. That is why i always get answers from online community.
Very nice tip. thanks for the info... I have tried them and it worked perfectly. Another option is by using 3rd party tools that will enable you to reset laptop lost password and logon with a blank password.
Most people FORGET to make a password for the default "ADMINISTRATOR" account.

If you happen to be one of those, it can be as simple as going into safe mode ("F8") at boot, click on the "ADMINISTRATOR account id, and enter "NUSRMGR.CPL" from the command line there as well.

Since it never shows up in your user list normally it's easy to forget to add a password, so that's also a little less stressful to use to recover, but then I would also give that account a password as well, if you left it BLANK all this time.

i'd like to recommend another password reset tools like wingeeker:
https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-10-password.html
(09-30-2017 04:27 PM)Wankerty Wrote: [ -> ]Most people FORGET to make a password for the default "ADMINISTRATOR" account.
If you happen to be one of those, it can be as simple as going into safe mode ("F8") at boot, click on the "ADMINISTRATOR account id, and enter "NUSRMGR.CPL" from the command line there as well.
Since it never shows up in your user list normally it's easy to forget to add a password, so that's also a little less stressful to use to recover, but then I would also give that account a password as well, if you left it BLANK all this time.
i'd like to recommend Windows 10 password reset tools like wingeeker

I don't know what I did wrong.i can't boot my laptop from your tool , can you solve my problem ?
Quote:I don't know what I did wrong.i can't boot my laptop from your tool , can you solve my problem ?
Because you dont tell us what you've done, its gonna be guessing what you did wrong. Maybe you have to change your UEFI/BIOS settings to make it possible to boot from something else than your internal harddisk.
Reference URL's