Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eCommerce website
11-14-2011, 08:32 PM
eCommerce website
A good [b]ecommerce web page design will lead the visitor to the right page in one click or two at the most. Sometime Flash Web Design Company will use techniques that would never be considered for non-eCommerce websites. Everyone has seen at least one sales letter website. On these web pages the only link is to the order form. Sales letters are not the most typical eCommerce website because they usually sell only one product. That allows the web designer the ability to exaggerate the one click principle and make it an advantage. All the facts about the product have been presented to the user is a smart way while every few lines he has the option to click on the order form. If he is not yet convinced he will have the option to continue to read more facts and testimonials about the products. Believe it or not, those sales letter websites are actually selling.

“What about online shops?” Online shops have to deal with more then one product. Of course, the greater number of products increases the complexity of the website. Sophisticated eCommerce websites use a variety of personalization technologies in an effort to determine the best selection of products to offer to the visitor. Personalization technologies are a major part of advanced eCommerce websites. However this topic is beyond the scope of this article. The cleverness of an eCommerce website’s personalization technology has a major influence on its design. The first to use such technology was Amazon.com who decided to push their client’s books to a visitor based on that visitor’s past orders combined with the statistics they had collected on all visitors used to predict what someone looking at a specific book might also be interested in reading. Today the goal is to try to predict what to offer the user on his first visit as well.

An eCommerce web design is also about the layout. One important aspect is where the user’s eyes look first when accessing a web page. Lots of research has been done on this topic. Most research showed that the middle left side area will attract the most attention followed by the center of the page. By using these techniques web designers try to draw the “walking path” for the visitor’s eye, much like what was done at the supermarket. An experienced eCommerce web designer will know how to create designs to meets those demands.

If you are about to open an eCommerce website or you are already own one, make sure you understand the web design principles for online selling. Consider consulting with an experienced website designer preferably someone who has experience with eCommerce websites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2012 05:11 PM by stevenmaico.)
RE: eCommerce website
I have also started to create one eCommerce website on Drupal CMS platform as my college project. And I want to create it the best for use. I am also searching the best web design template for it.
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm actually working on eCommerce website but I must admit that I still have lots of things to learn. It's actually my first time to do it so I've been collecting a lot of ebooks and reading some discussions about it.
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
hi, what is the difference in using Drupal for ecommerce rather than common sites?
08-08-2013, 04:10 AM
(09-26-2012 06:00 PM)komputer Wrote:  hi, what is the difference in using Drupal for ecommerce rather than common sites?

Drupal is a great CMS for building a php based dynamic website. Although not as simple as wordpress, it's a feature packed powerful content management system. If it suits your requirements, you should definitely give it a try.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2013, 01:26 AM
eCommerce website
Hey James - Since you brought up the subject , any chance we might see content search integrated into product search any time soon? I realize its a tricky thing to do but ecommerce pundits also tout the benefits of content "Content is King", etc., and if the user cant find the content theyre looking for...

- Sal
12-21-2014, 01:57 AM
and what happened to the comments that I have here on forum.pcsecurityworld.com seen a week ago - all rubbed ?
12-22-2014, 12:56 AM
(12-21-2014 01:57 AM)ElliottMi Wrote:  and what happened to the comments that I have here on forum.pcsecurityworld.com seen a week ago - all rubbed ?
I watch forum almost every day. Did not see 1 of your comments.
Maybe your comments got blocked by the automatic spamcontrol.
BTW. does this belong in this topic. No, make a new 1.
09-30-2016, 04:25 PM
I am actually focusing on eCommerce websites but I must admit that I still have plenty of products to understand. It's actually my very first a chance to do it so I've been gathering a lot of e-books and studying some conversations about it.
06-26-2022, 03:02 AM
-
This is a show tracker website, if you have a list of shows that you regularly watch then you add them to your list to make sure you dont miss them, the episode list shows you what shows are airing at what time each day, when you watch the show on tv or web if its a web show then you mark the show as watched and it disappears from your episode list, the acquired option is normally used if you dvr a show or buy a dvd boxset etc so you have acquired the episodes but not watched them yet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user