Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vista password reset for my locked Gateway PC!
09-05-2012, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 06:05 PM by stalare.)
Vista password reset for my locked Gateway PC!
Reset a locked Gateway 450rog?
I bought it at a garage sale and the men's son forgot his password. How can I unlock it without reinstalling Windows Vista? Anyone know Vista password reset solution? Please help!

After consulting my IT friends, I get a quick response. There is a Windows Vista boot disk that will allow me to reset password on Windows Vista. It is Linux based and uses a very easy menu system. Any way, I am not a computer expert; I can't listen to this friend for further info. I need a more easy way! Then I wonder if isn't there a program without a boot disk? it would be much easier for me but thanks anyways!

What a pity things is that another friends answered my question:
Not really, most Windows password recovery requires a boot disk, unless the main admin account is not password protected. Try accessing it by pressing f8 during boot and entering safe mode. Once asks for login, press ctrl-alt-del, and type in administrator. This might work. While, I have only one administrator account - the default admin!

I search my password question words via Google, what's surprised me is that here is one site that might help me. It is named Windows Password Recovery Tool that will work for any Windows OS, also include Windows Vista. This tool is a well-known professional third party application designed for particularly Windows Password Recovery. To operate such a tool is very easy, even though I am a newbie, I can fully understand and follow the below steps to finish the task. Now, please follow me:
Step 1: Google search Windows Password Recovery Tool, get results from windowspasswordsrecovery suggestion;
Step 2: Download needed Windows Password Recovery Tool Professional and install it on an accessible pc;
Step 3: Burn a password reset disk with a blank USB Flash drive.
Step 4: Insert the burned reset disk into password lost computer, and set the computer to boot from USB drive to reset password Windows Vista.

Things now become easy! From this day, I think I will never take such experience make me mad! Now, I get new password for my pc login. What's more, I disable the Windows Vista default Administrator and create a back up admin account!
For security purpose, disabling the built-in Administrator account on our personal computer is very necessary since the default Administrator can do anything to your computer, like delete crucial files, delete accounts and reset other user password etc. So avoid this by making another account which is not names as Administrator but with administrative privileges.

Also, I prepare another way to help me reset password Windows Vista login password - create a password reset disk for my admin account! Dear reader, if you are a Vista OS pc owner, you can also take the following steps to help you save much time once you lost password:
Step1. Insert a prepared USB flash drive into your computer.
Step2. Type "reset" in the Windows search box and select "Create a password reset disk".
Step3. When the "Forgotten Password Wizard" appears, click "Next".
Step4. Select your USB flash drive and click "Next".
Step5. When the wizards finish creating the reset disk, please click "Next" and then "Finish".

Greate to get the methods listed on how to reset Windows Vista password. I am sure any Vista user will get much from them if you do as it says!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 08:38 PM by Aries864.)
RE: Vista password reset for my locked Gateway PC!
I am new in this forum and i want to ask you about a problem that I am going trough.I don't know much about this.
04-24-2013, 07:34 PM
(04-23-2013 08:45 PM)Aries864 Wrote:  I am new in this forum and i want to ask you about a problem that I am going trough.I don't know much about this.

Just make a new topic and describe your computerproblem.
Please dont use a topic of someone else to tell us about your problem.
10-07-2013, 10:14 PM
(04-24-2013 07:34 PM)Golempie Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 08:45 PM)Aries864 Wrote:  I am new in this forum and i want to ask you about a problem that I am going trough.I don't know much about this.

Just make a new topic and describe your computerproblem.
Please dont use a topic of someone else to tell us about your problem.

Yes read the Forum Guide line and and make a new topic Aries864.

Thanks

SiConsult
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Hello, You can just use Hirens Boot CD to reset the password on any Windows based machine. Except Windows 8.

//ISJAKE//
Stay Secure, Stay Safe.
11-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Vista password reset for my locked Gateway PC
15gb ?? why the hell wud neone use that much space for an OS haa? .. no wonder it demands for more RAM. So in addition to a Win Vista cd/dvd, users will have to buy new hardware too..it better be worth every penny..