Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mystartsearch can't be removed and probably blocks anti-virus softwares
01-01-2015, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 09:11 AM by achieven.)
Mystartsearch can't be removed and probably blocks anti-virus softwares
A couple of weeks ago I tried to install photoshop and other programming plugins.
From one of them Mystartsearch was installed.

Then I unistalled it from the programs in control panel, set back the computer to the settings of previous days ago, but the search engine still exists.

Mcaffee, which was installed in the first place (with the windows 8.1 that came with the computer), doesn't alert me about it, but the computer is pretty slow, and I assume it has to do with Mystartsearch existence.

I also have malwarebytes anti malware, but can't open it. When I try to, it says: this app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer. As far as I remember, this wasn't the case before, meaning I think mcaffee and malwarebytes can exist together on my computer.
When I try to download spyhunter it doesn't finish the installation and re-downloading malwarebytes it doesn't even begin the process of insallation (doesn't open the .exe file).

What can I do to remove this what seems as possibly malicious search engine that might even play with my file system?
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: Mystartsearch can't be removed and probably blocks anti-virus softwares
When installing software, you have to really take some time
and read before you click Next, Next, Next ....
Because thats the way such things get installed on your system.
You can also use UnChecky, it reduces risks of installing unwanted software bigtime.

Uninstall with control panel didnt work, so try Revo Uninstaller.

After using Revo you probally still have to remove it from your browser.

More detailed howto here : http://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-rem...oval-help/
04-13-2015, 11:05 PM
hi achieven, mystartsearch is redirect virus, download mystartsearch removal software!!!
11-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Hi there achieven,

What you got here is called a browser hijacker. You always get them if you install applications from unreliable sources..
Always check what you are agreeing upon, and always UNcheck the check-marks on installers when installing new software, if they ask you to install toolbars and other stuff.
They usually ask you to approve installation of third-party applications, which are 110% of time are unwanted by you, and mostly there to annoy you.
Having a decent firewall or antispyware/antivirus programs help a lot, but at the end, the user is the one that installs software, so if you are agreeing on installing malware to your computer, antivirus programs might not help.

Mystartsearch is a browser hijacker. I suggest you to read this guide about browser hijackers to get a glimpse on what they are and how to remove them:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home...file_en_us

Also, this removal guide is what I found to be working, so check this out:
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-mystartsearch-com.html

Cheers,
Linas