Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AutoRuns utility for Windows
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
AutoRuns utility for Windows
Autoruns is a startup cleaner utility that is similar to the MSCONFIG utility. However, it is much more comprehensive than msconfig and excellent to track and remove malware entries.

MSCONFIG will only show you startup and services and it doesn’t check digital signatures which means malware can hide from it.

With Autoruns, nothing can hide and there’s no need to use MSCONFIG at all. If your system is infested with a pesky virus, worm or spyware, AutoRuns can be a very valuable tool in its removal.

Download from Microsoft Technet:- http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinte...oruns.mspx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 05:36 PM by jackbency.)
RE: AutoRuns utility for Windows
I haven't used Autoruns myself but I would like to install it. I'm glad that you have posted because I hadn't noticed it. Computer Privacy Issues are getting a lot of importance these days. These important private information is stored on your computer and you can tweak the windows registry keys to wipe them out.
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
RE: AutoRuns utility for Windows
These all PC security which you can share is really very great. If your system is infested with a pesky virus, worm or spyware, AutoRuns can be a very valuable tool in its removal. These is one of the important information which you can share with us.