Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will a XP password reset disk help my lost admin password?
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Will a XP password reset disk help my lost admin password?
I lost my admin password!!!?
I have an XP laptop, with windows. I lost the password for it and I am trying to reset it but it keeps on asking for a floppy disk or a usb. I need to know how to retrieve the password without erasing anything on my computer or rebooting the computer. Can you deal with my problem with a Windows XP password reset disk?

One friend suggested me: Try logging in using Administrator and leave the password blank. That's the default setting and alot of people leave it like that. Once in the administrator, go to Control Panel/User Accounts and find the account you want to edit, and remove the password. OK, the problem is that I can't login my PC now!

What a pity things is that another friends answered my question:
Not really, most Windows password recovery requires a boot disk, unless the main admin account is not password protected. Try accessing it by pressing f8 during boot and entering safe mode. Once asks for login, press ctrl-alt-del, and type in administrator. This might work. While, I have only one administrator account - the default admin!

I search my password question words via Google, what's surprised me is that here is one site that might help me. It is named Windows Password Recovery Tool that will work for any Windows OS, also include Windows XP. This tool is a well-known professional third party application designed for particularly Windows Password Recovery. To operate such a tool is very easy, even though I am a newbie, I can fully understand and follow the below steps to create a Windows XP password reset disk. Now, please follow me:
Step 1: Google search Windows Password Recovery Tool, get results from windowspasswordsrecovery suggestion;
Step 2: Download needed Windows Password Recovery Tool Professional and install it on an accessible pc;
Step 3: Burn a XP password reset boot disk with a blank USB Flash drive.
Step 4: Insert the burned reset disk into password lost computer, and set the computer to boot from USB drive to recover Windows XP password.

When I searched solutions via Google online, also, I got a method and prepared another way to help me reset lost Windows XP password - create a XP password reset disk for my admin account! Dear reader, if you have a computer based on Windows XP OS, you can also take the following steps to help you save much time once you lost password:
Step1. Insert a prepared USB flash drive into your computer.
Step2. Type "reset" in the Windows search box and select "Create a password reset disk".
Step3. When the "Forgotten Password Wizard" appears, click "Next".
Step4. Select your USB flash drive and click "Next".
Step5. When the wizards finish creating the reset disk, please click "Next" and then "Finish".

Password reset disk Windows XP helps me get lost admin password within minutes for me, a green hand on pc. You may also have a try to create a password reset disk!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply