Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to avoid online thieves???
10-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Question How to avoid online thieves???
In the near future, almost everything will have to be done online, all the transactions, purchases, reservations, even work. But there is a big problem; the ¨Online Thieves¨. People have to be really aware of this issue, because it´s becoming America's fastest growing crime problem. How to identify an identity theft? and how to avoid it?? Big question! here some advise:

1. Always Monitor your financial information: Please check your Bills and look for unknown purchases and charges, do not provide you financial information to unknown websites, change constantly your password and memorize them.
2. Beaware of impostors: Do not believe in everything that people say in Publicity mails or Spam; this is the most common way to theft.
3. Stay Safe online: If you are going to do any financial transaction online, It needs to be done in a Secure place, even if you are from home you have to stay safe using a good protection program.

You need to be your own watchdog. It is very easy for criminals to get your personal data without having to break into your home. Using spyware and Operating silently, they can collect your information. Here some tips to avoid them:

- Continually check the accuracy of personal accounts and discrepancies
- Avoid questionable Web sites
- Practice safe email protocol:
- Don't open messages from unknown senders
- Immediately delete messages you suspect to be spam
- Use public computers with extreme caution
- Use antivirus protection and a firewall
- Get antispyware software protection

Ok good Luck and be safe!

zenok.com/en/free-antivirus/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2010, 08:41 PM
RE: How to avoid online thieves???
I agree with your suggestions, but i recently buy norton antivirus 2011. and its working too good.previously i face some problems like viruses,worms,spyware and trojans in my computer.but when i am using this software its working really good,now i am totally satisfied with my PC security.You must take a look on it!!
11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
A agree with your valuable and most helpful tips. In more change all your computer password weekly. If you have best antivirus with best protection then you have no need to get any tension.
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
The best way to avoid online thieves is to install a good security softwares in your system such as firewall protection and antivirus program. And from my personal experience, Norton antivirus is the best one.
01-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Always keep your security software updates. Open firewall install anti virus and anti-spy ware technology and equipment to your computer. All of these software programs to ensure the continuous updates, including your operating system.
02-16-2012, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 04:29 PM by kending.)
Good suggestions. Or you can just follow one simple direction: browse smart.
If you have to install one security software, then choose one with HIPS function, it will deliver you more powerful protections. I installed NOD32 as the first layer, and Anvi Smart Defender as the second security layer. My computer is unbeatable. ^^
07-28-2016, 05:12 PM
A believe the fact with your useful and most beneficial suggestions. In more modify all your laptop or computer security password every week. If you have best anti-virus with best security then you have no need to get any stress.