Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
virusscanner wants me to remove firewall
10-18-2011, 07:17 PM
virusscanner wants me to remove firewall
hi all

I'm very fond of Avira Antivirus, however recently there came an upgrade.
I also have Comodo firewall installed, and Avira says I need to uninstall Comodo Firewall before I can upgrade Avira antivirus because it may interfere with the antivirus.
uninstalling comodo firewall means I don't have a firewall installed on my computer.

What do I do Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 07:55 PM
RE: virusscanner wants me to remove firewall
Hi,

You did not mention your Avira version number and the comodo firewall version you're using. There might be compatibility conflicts with the programs we're unaware of yet.

The other possibility is it may not be asking for you to uninstall. As antivirus tools need to access the internet to fetch updates, Avira would just be detecting that a firewall might block antivirus software's access to update server. Try disabling comodo and running the upgrade. Later enable it and see all works well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
RE: virusscanner wants me to remove firewall
I’ve also installed comodo firewall to my PC. There are a lot of antivirus softwares that don’t support comodo firewall that is why I have installed Immunet antivirus to my PC. You can also try to change your antivirus. It is a companion and light weight antivirus.
Find all posts by this user