Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Antivirus Program is the Best for a Computer?
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
What Antivirus Program is the Best for a Computer?
I know that Norton might rock, but myself personally, I can't tolerate the way it uses all of my ram and slows my computer down. I use spy bot, but that isn't enough. Is there anyone out there who knows of an antivirus program that will not eat up my bank account or my computer's capacity to function at a normal rate? Thank you for your time......
Find all posts by this user
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
RE: What Antivirus Program is the Best for a Computer?
I prefer MicroSoft Security Essentials. Free, no registration, highly efficient and not a resource hog.
Remember to only install one antivirus!

1) Avast! Home Edition
2) AVG Free Edition
3) Avira AntiVir Personal
4) Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows Vista\Windows 7 - 64 bit Download
4-a) Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows XP
5) Comodo Antivirus (Uncheck during installation "Install Comodo SafeSurf..", Make Comodo my default search provider" and "Make Comodo Search my homepage" if you choose this one)
6) PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition
It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts. If you choose to install more than one antivirus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.
03-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Anti virus protection gives you excellent on computers where it installs completely. KsperSky is an effective Internet Security Antivirus. It is very safe and secure AntiVirus. To improve the effectiveness, the producers have added some new features in this release.
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I think AVG Free Edition and Avira AntiVirus Personal both antivirus are best or a computer. It both can very safe and secure antivirus. I also can use AVG free anti virus in my pc and it can really protect of my pc very well.
04-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Kaspersky Anti-virus includes all the features right, and tools, packed in an interface that is powerful, but simple. The price for a 3-user is worth, but it is not as competitive. This power house is antivirus flexible enough for experts, simple enough for beginners and sufficiently effective for all.
04-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Anti-virus is very useful to our computer,anti virus is protect your computer from harmful viruses, there are many anti viruses are available in the market like avira ,kesper sky,NOD 32,symentec,quick heal etc, but from my opinion i suggest you to use a Avira anti virus to your PC,avira anti virus the best antivirus its protect your PC from all the harmful virues.
04-14-2011, 11:07 PM
As per my opinion avast is the best for our computer because my computer also infected with trojen and slow down, i tried this anti virus. Now it work properly.
You said that you already tried norton but it cant work proper, you are right because after some times anti virus convert into virus so that our machine plosive instead of working.
04-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I also agree that get your computer fully protected from your virus and malwares its important to have a good antivirus installed in your PC. I am using Norton Antivirus licensed version for my computer.
07-13-2011, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2011 03:28 PM by herbaltea.)
Norton antivirus, without any doubts it is the best antivirus program I have ever used. I have used many antivirus programs, mostly they were all free, thats the reason my PC was infected with viruses and malwares. Just after that I have decided to use paid antivirus and that also Norton antivirus.
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 04:47 PM by elleesfisher.)
According to me, mcafee is the best anti-virus program which make fully secure to computer system. It make smooth and easy to operating system which the best for use. It has all well functions which make it more attractive.
Thread Closed