Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get rid of viruses without formatting the drive?
03-25-2011, 05:15 AM
How can I get rid of viruses without formatting the drive?
My C drive has viruses in it. I have AVG FREE anti-virus installed on my computer.
I think that anti-virus software is also affected.
How can I get rid of these viruses without C drive format and O/S re-installation?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2011, 11:26 PM
RE: How can I get rid of viruses without formatting the drive?
Start with Malwarebytes to hopefully determine exactly which virus(es) you have. Lot easier to clean it up if we know what it is. Once you find out which virus(es) you have you can come back here and ask or do a search on the net with the virus(es) name followed by "removal tool". M0ost people have beeen able to clean up their system without reformatting.

Note: AVG Free is a good pgm BUT you have to make sure that the virus definitions are kept up to date and AVG Free isn't real good at automating this task for you.
08-17-2011, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011 07:57 PM by eurseo.)
Uninstall avg, use Avira+malwarebytes. Free versions available.
Start with Malwarebytes to hopefully determine exactly which virus(es) you have. Lot easier to clean it up if we know what it is. Once you find out which virus(es) you have you can come back here and ask or do a search on the net with the virus(es) name followed by "removal tool". M0ost people have beeen able to clean up their system without reformatting.

Note: AVG Free is a good pgm BUT you have to make sure that the virus definitions are kept up to date and AVG Free isn't real good at automating this task for you.
12-09-2011, 09:57 PM
You should install a good antivirus and do a full scan of your computer. Many good antivirus are available on internet free of cost.This will remove 95% of virus from your drive without formatting.
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Do you have anti virus? If you have you should update it regularly and scan your pc to prevent problems to you pc.Now that your computer is clean, remember to put up your defenses against malware attacks. You can’t be too paranoid on this certain aspect of security.
02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:Start with Malwarebytes to hopefully determine exactly which virus(es) you have. Lot easier to clean it up if we know what it is. Once you find out which virus(es) you have you can come back here and ask or do a search on the net with the virus(es) name followed by "removal tool". M0ost people have beeen able to clean up their system without reformatting.

Apart from this, I would recommend you to either re-install your AVG or try out some other effective antivirus such as Immunet.
03-22-2012, 08:21 PM
there are following options:
* restore your system to previous date when your system is working fine
* Use the kaspersky tool to scan your system and remove it from virus.
10-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't think there will be any way to get rid of viruses without for mating the C. Looks like your window files are also affected.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the reply! I was looking through the forums, and it's obvious you put in a LOT of work keeping up with all the threads. So thank you for taking the time to respond
10-01-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 10:49 PM by erick123.)
I also agree with the user of #5 that If you have you should update it regularly and scan your pc to prevent problems to you pc.

http://www.primark-online.net/