Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Password Strength
11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Question Password Strength
I have a question about password strength.

Each byte of an encryption key is represented by a character. However, only the ascii character codes 32-126 are available on any keyboard i know of. A byte as you know may contain a value between 0-255 This means only about 37% of the possible values are being used per byte in a standard password.

When a person brute-forces a password, do they typically take into account these extra characters or would using them in my random password generator make my password more secure?

Keep in mind here that I'm not really concerned with what is or is not practical.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Password Strength
All in all the security password durability is only an sign. You can set your security passwords to whatever you want, be it powerful or easy, but the real sign of the security password strengthness needs to the honest truth.
09-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Password Strength
hi there I can;t seem to login to my account on the server, it just asks for the pw till i get it wrong 3 times, and im not sure what it was, can you change the password or do i have to make a new account??... thanks,
09-12-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Password Strength
(09-12-2016 12:24 PM)thomas.mt Wrote:  hi there I can;t seem to login to my account on the server, it just asks for the pw till i get it wrong 3 times, and im not sure what it was, can you change the password or do i have to make a new account??... thanks,
If you mean the password for this forum, you click on "Lost password" and fill in your email-adress. You will get a new password through mail.