Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of laptop viruses?
02-11-2012, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 06:14 PM by leandrohailey.)
How do I get rid of laptop viruses?
My laptop is becoming really slow. Whe I turn off or restart it crashes at the first screen and I keep having to shut off and restart several times before it starts up. I have AVG Windowns Defender and have been recommended a few other Anti Virus things but nothing seems to work. I have been told I can reformat but I do not have the software on CD to fo this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: How do I get rid of laptop viruses?
You didn't mention the version of Windows OS you're running. Also, has the antivirus software installed in there been able to detect any viruses so far?

What crash error do you see while shutting it down?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2012, 06:20 PM
I guess it's not about viruses thing. Your computer may be at a mess & you need to clean it up.

Try out some system optimization tools, as ccleaner, etc.

Anvi smart defender may also help, it provides pc protection, as well as system optimization.
08-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Get antivirus program. Do not download files with EXE in them. Keep tapping F8 and choose Safe Mode with Networking... You should download Malwarebytes, Update and scan.
08-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Have you tried Kaspersky Softwares??
If not I advices you to download and install Kaspersky antivirus or even Kaspersky Pure, You will never have problem facing viruses
Hope I help you Big Grin
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
(02-11-2012 06:57 AM)leandrohailey Wrote:  My laptop is becoming really slow. Whe I turn off or restart it crashes at the first screen and I keep having to shut off and restart several times before it starts up. I have AVG Windowns Defender and have been recommended a few other Anti Virus things but nothing seems to work. I have been told I can reformat but I do not have the software on CD to fo this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi, I think you must replace your AV program with some lighter and faster AV program. I’m using Immunet Plus it takes only 10 MB hard disk space, you may also try this or some other AV program.
07-31-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 04:39 PM by miang222.)
avira or avast anti virus --only one not both
malwarebytes
superantispyware
if u had use system restore to get rid of them than go to safe mode --turn off system restore and run ur scans from there
all i gave u are free
sorry to say avg is very popular but fixes nothing

check your paper for plagiarism