PC Security Forum

Full Version: OfficeScan 10 Firewall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Just wanting to get your views/opinions on setting up OfficeScan 10 SP1 built-in Firewall..

I understand its port based so its going to be a huge headache setting up every port for every application for every web server service.

Can anyone provide me information as to what the benefits are of using this and most importantly is Trend going to refine the OfficeScan 10 built-in firewall to include Application based filtering? I cant justify as to why we should go ahead and enable the firewall and waste several man hours of planning and implementing..

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
If you don't want to use the firewall to block any ports, it could be useful anyway. The firewall is the component which is used to do the "network virus scanning" part.

So even though you have a rule base that say allow any inbound and outbound traffic, you are still scanning for malicious network packets.
A firewall is essential to ensure good security. Firewall Prevents infection, data loss, network downtime, lost productivity, and compliance violations and adds new security capabilities without redeploying a full solution.
Hello, I just installed SP1 for OfficeScan 10 and deployed to all servers. The problem I am facing now is the messenger that comes with the exchange server, no longer works, I suppose it is blocked by OfficeScan or firewall. How can I solve this problem.
1 - I have deployed remotely the installation of the officescan 10 client on Exchange server 2003, and immediatly after the installation I've lost remote desktop access to the exchange server. I've configured all the files and directories recommended excemptions.
Well,Personally, I just use it in an "all or nothing" team mode.Our networking allows split tunneling on the VPN, so I disabled for internal addresses and block incoming and everything else I tried the approach that you mentioned earlier about the firewall.It did not work.I even tried disabling the firewall and OfficeScan Windows Firewall, but still no result any other suggestion will be useful.
I really very tried the approach you mentioned earlier on the firewall. It did not work. I even tried to disable the OfficeScan firewall and Windows Firewall, but still no results.
I know that firewall is good for pc protection.But i am confused about it operating.Where can I get all tips for a strongest firewall. My OS Windows 7.
I find that when I put my firewalls up I have issues getting around online because I get blocked at every turn, how do I remedy this?
You'll have to selectively allow some programs to run through firewall and block others which don't need internet connectivity.
Reference URL's