PC Security Forum

Full Version: Why remove Spyware threats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is your computer been running slower than normal? Are you worried someone may be able to access your computer and steal your private information and use it against you? Spyware infections are sometimes the primary culprit behind such things. They cripple your computer down & make it extremely slow. Not only pc, your internet connection & speed suffers too.

Few years back back, my 4-year old computer was running so slow that I had to buy a new computer. Or at least I thought I needed a new computer. Then within a matter of weeks of surfing on the Internet, my new computer was also running so slowly. In addition, some programs did not run well on my computer, and I did not recognize some of the programs that were running on my computer. That scared me most. Were these programs that were tracking my keystrokes on my computer or programs I just not remember installing? I knew I had to find a answer and solution fast.

The truth is, we can all put up with a slow computer, but very few of us would want others to have access to the information on our computers, but that is exactly what can happen when spyware or malware is loaded on our computers without our knowledge.

Spyware and adware applications are programs and files that hide on your PC's hard drive without your direct knowledge. These programs allow hackers and advertising companies to track your every move, both online and even when you work offline. They can track the websites you visit, the items that you buy online, the emails you send and receive, your Instant Message dialog, and worst of all they can even record your credit card number, personal identification numbers, and all of your passwords. If you use dial-up to connect to the Internet then spyware can be used to bill 900 numbers to your phone bill. This is just a short list of the harm that spyware can cause and these are sufficient reasons that such things shouldn't stay in your pc.

It is very easy for your computer to become infected with spyware as "The majority of all downloadable games, music, screensavers, etc., can infect your computer with SpyWare or AdWare. Most people do not know that after simply clicking on a random "pop up" ad, their computers may have been infected with SpyWare or AdWare."

No matter how we get spyware, here are 10 very real reasons you don’t want spyware on your computer.

1. Your computer may start running slower
2. Some programs on your computer will not run correctly
3. You may not recognize programs that are now on your computer because they may have been installed there by a spyware related web site or program you loaded on your computer.

If severely infected,
4. Someone may read your e-mails
5. Someone may be able to access your e-mail list
6. Someone might be able to see you track the keystrokes you type
7. Someone might be able to access your credit card information on your pc
8. Someone might be able to access your passwords list on your computer
9. Someone might be able to steal your social security number
10. Someone might be able to track all the web sites you visit

As I mentioned, most of these programs get on your computer with out you even knowing, but another frustrating part is that they are not easily to uninstall. The normal uninstall through add remove programs may not work as they are persistent and always come back again.

A great way to find and remove spyware is to run SuperAntispyware & Spyware Terminator. Most spyware detection and removal software today offers a free scan to verify that you do or do not have spyware on your computer. The above programs fight spyware threats very well. Give them a try.
hey!!
Thanks for your help.My computer is also suffering from these problems,it must be helpful for me.i will try this
Thank you for this information . After reading this post I scan my computer with this anti spyware . I found many threats. This helped me a lot.
Spyware threats are more harmful to our computer. Windows reports that computer is infected.Our Anti-virus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats.so please take care of our anti-virus update date.
Anti-virus does not remove spyware. Only removes viruses, worms and Trojans. If you want to remove spyware and adware, we recommend using Ad-Aware 2007 and Spybot Search and Destroy.
Research is the key to help remove spyware from your PC. All these types of software can do the job completely and there are horror stories of lost information and identity theft. This task will inevitably you need to identify reliable software spyware removal.
(12-13-2010 08:41 PM)krrjhn Wrote: [ -> ]hey!!
Thanks for your help.My computer is also suffering from these problems,it must be helpful for me.i will try this

hi
Thanks i like your suggestion its really helpful for me!!
More harmful spyware threats to our computer. Windows reports that the computer infected.Our anti-virus software to help protect your computer from viruses and other security threats.so Please take care of our anti-virus updated.
The anti-virus software does not remove spyware. He removes viruses, worms and Trojans. You can remove spyware and adware, we recommend Ad-Aware 2007 and Spybot Search and Destroy.
Turn your PC off immediately after start-up again, keep the F8 key until the Advanced Start menu appears. Select SAFE MODE w / Networking. After restarting your profile, download the following programs: Spybot S / D ,Combo Fix, Smitfraud Fix run in that order. You should get rid of all spyware.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's