Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
StarForce Protection won't remove from Vista
02-25-2010, 05:31 AM
StarForce Protection won't remove from Vista
Hi, I run Windows Vista home basic that came with my HP notebook. I have this peculiar issue where StarForce protection driver incompatibility message keeps popping on start up with the error message...

This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues
Driver: StarForce Protection
Publisher: StarForce

The installed StarForce protection driver is not compatible with this version of Windows and will be disabled.

How could I remove this error and also Is there a way to uninstall Star force driver completely from my Vista.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2010, 03:15 PM
RE: StarForce Protection won't remove from Vista
Are you running on 64-bit or 32-bit?If 64-bit, you may need to disable the check for signed drivers before the
star force driver can run.
02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
It is 32bit edition. How do I disable checking for signed drivers? Will it work on 32bit?
03-14-2010, 02:40 AM
We all know how nasty starforce drivers are. They are hard to remove once installed. Here's step by step on how you can completely remove it from your system. Do the following to completely remove it.

1. Right Click on My Computer and go to properties .
2. Select device manager from the hardware tab, From the view menu ” Show Hidden Devices “
3. Under the nonplug and play device, look up starforce entries. There should be 2 to 3 starforce drivers installed.

Right click on the drivers and uninstall. Vista will ask for a restart. Say no until all of three are uninstalled from there. Check if star force message pops up the next time.

Go to Windows system32 folder. Delete the following files.

%windir%\system32\drivers\sfsync03.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\sfhlp02.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\sfdrv01.sys

Give it a restart.
--------
Usually the above will suffice if your operating system is fine. However, sometimes the above steps will not completely remove starforce. In that case, perform the following additional steps.

Boot your system in safe mode. Go through the above steps.

Also, Download StarForce Removal Tool hereby attached or from this link:- http://www.star-force.com/support/drivers/

Extract and store sfdrvrem.exe anywhere on your hard disk.
Run sfdrvrem.exe. It'll remove the drivers as well as the nagging windows vista pop up error.

To avoid reinstalling starforce driver in your system do not play games that require this driver. It'll install automatically if you launch game application that comes shipped with it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
It is 32bit edition.Run one of the many StarForce driver removal tools.Then download and install a no-CD or DVD crack from GameCopyWorld.com.Your best bet would be to wait for a crack or patch, and not touch the game until then.Or just consider your system already compromised and install your game,play it,then format the drive and start from scratch.
01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for sharing i have the same problem and it works!!