The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote Access?
09-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Remote Access?
Hi,

I'm sharing a (password protected) wireless connection with a few other people and I just want to make sure I understand what that means for my privacy.

When I right-click on any folder in My Documents and select properties from the drop down menu and then click on the Sharing tab, it says, under Network sharing and security, "As a security measure, Windows has disabled remote access to this computer. However, you can enable remote access and safely share files by running the Network Setup Wizard." There is no content in my Shared Documents folder and when I go to My Network Places, there is no mention of anything like a home network with file sharing enabled. Does all of this mean that no one else on the wireless can remotely access my computer? That the only way any one could get on and poke around is either through direct physical access to the computer or through a trojan virus?

Thanks for your help! Smile

AJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Remote Access? - adlaijames - 09-08-2011 04:21 PM
RE: Remote Access? - LukeTerrington - 10-04-2011, 04:13 AM
RE: Remote Access? - JohnEric - 12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
RE: Remote Access? - jamili54 - 09-28-2012, 03:40 AM
RE: Remote Access? - mikeadams - 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM