Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
explanation? how is this possible?
08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
explanation? how is this possible?
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out something, hopefully you can give me some realistic explanation. I found a file on our computer, a google talk plugin log file (gtalkplugin-cxxxxx.rar) and I am trying to figure out how it got there...
It is a voice conversation log, as far as I can read it, it says our computer made a call from google talk to a cell number of a friend of my husband's who he has not talked to in months. The account that was "talking" to this cell number is unknown for me. (gmail account) I was trying to find a keylogger / spyware on the laptop but nothing got detected (tried Microsoft security task manager, and Microsoft security essentials and I have AVG full edition). So is it possible that somebody else created this log file and put it there? Or did somebody remotly lunch the program and used my computer? Is this possible? I have the log file in notepad, and it says the call was made from my IP, through my ethernet card... How did this file get created?

Thanks if anybody has an idea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2011, 02:39 AM
RE: explanation? how is this possible?
Well that's tricky. Did you speak to your husband about it? May be he made a test call or something to the friend. I don't think someone would put a certain log file in your computer as it wouldn't do them any good. The possibility of someone connecting to the system to make a call is also very thin, besides remote connection to take complete control isn't that easy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2011, 03:41 AM
I see, thank you for your input... He is saying it wasn't him...
08-14-2011, 05:02 AM
(08-14-2011 03:41 AM)idontgetthis Wrote:  I see, thank you for your input... He is saying it wasn't him...

In that case, I don't think there is anything to worry about if you have thoroughly scanned your system of spyware, trojans and keyloggers...as a precautionary measure, you may want to change password of your gtalk ids and install a software firewall in your system.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2015, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2015 04:07 AM by ISJake//.)
Good Afternoon, I would probably suggest you run a full scan using both your antivirus program, and MalwareBytes. You can obtain MalwareBytes here: http://www.MalwareBytes.com. From what I understand the Gmailtalkpluging.log, logs everything which you have done on your gmail. So it could be possible that your husband isn't being totally honest with you.

//ISJAKE//
Stay Secure, Stay Safe.