Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PC Security 2009 removal help
07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
PC Security 2009 removal help
PC Security 2009 malware removal information
PC Security 2009 is a malware that projects itself as a legit software and displays fake and annoying security pop ups and alerts convincing user that their system is infected with malware. Some of the common alerts are:-

"WARNING! PC Security 2009 has found 30 useless and unwanted files on your computer!
19 of those those items are considered as critical privacy compromising content 8 of those those items are considered as medium privacy threats
8 of those those items are considered to be junk content of low privacy threats
Personal data at the reach of anyone's hand
Internet history records available
Compromising and adult material stored on your system
Chat session's logs and personal Emails easily reachable"

"Trojan Detected!
A piece of malicious code was found in your system which can replicate itself if no action is taken. Click here to have your system cleaned by PC Security 2009."

If you click on these alerts, you will then be prompted to purchase the program in order to fix these problems. Though we did not purchase this program, our experience with other rogues like this has shown us that purchasing and registering the program does not actually make the program useful. In fact, because you gave credit card information you are now exposed to identity theft.

Bleeping computer has complete removal information listed here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-re...urity-2009

I'll recommend running super antispyware on the infected machine. First boot in safe mode and then run super antispyware.

Also try stopping the following processes.

qyciq.exe
imevata.exe
sibajisehe.exe
PC_Security2009.exe

Another good removal tool that has been found very effective against pc security 2009 is spyware doctor listed here http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

Post your feedback if you are successfully able to remove the rogue pc security malware.

Killing computer problems Camouflaging!
PC Security Forum
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2009, 03:13 AM
RE: PC Security 2009 removal help
pc security2009.exe is a rogue software that appears like a security software and damages your system. Parneet, you're better off without it.
12-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Great post. I have the allegedly rogue program PC Security 2009 on my computer.
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I am using the best norton antivirus software 2011, it provides advance and more effective secuirity to my PC, you must hav a look on it !!
01-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Security2009.exe is a rogue computer software, like a security software and damage your system. You better without it.