Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Explorer virus? Anyone else?
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Internet Explorer virus? Anyone else?
Last night in the middle of something, a screen opened up that said that Internet Explorer has detected four viruses on my computer that could destroy my machine.
There was a "click here to fix" button. I look the page over and figure it for total rubbish and try to close it out.
It would not close. Every time I hit the red x, a small window opened up saying are you sure you want to cancel?
I finally had to shut down to get that page to go away. I rebooted and did a complete malwares scan. There was no problem...
The list of viruses it said I had were:
adware.win32.winpd
ADVWare.hotbar
trojan-PSW.win32.I.dpinch.adm
trojan horse IRC/backdoor.sdbot4.FRV
I went to file search and typed in those files and nothing came up...
I imagine that if I had clicked on "FIX" - then I would have gotten the viruses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
RE: Internet Explorer virus? Anyone else?
Internet explore is best one browser among others. The reason is that it provides to protect from the unauthorized sites or domain. It has inbuilt application which protect your PC from the virus while you surfing any sites.
02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
IE is very good browser !! i am using its new version that is more good than IE 6
10-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Use Avira Antivirus,It has much better results than any other.
11-21-2011, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 10:28 PM by Deepak Kamani.)
McAfee and similar subscription-based antivirus programs are ineffective because they compare files to a finite list of known viruses to see if they are clean. If a malware is not on their list, it won't stop it.

Take the advice of the other posters and download Spybot S&D. If a Spybot scan does not catch and remove the malware, you probably won't be able to get rid of it without expert help. Once a machine is infected, you have to know exactly what it is in order to remove it manually, usually you would boot into safe mode or recovery console and delete the files and registry keys associated with the malware (sometimes you have to write a new file with the same name in its place from the recovery console, to prevent it from recreating itself). The other problem is, once a malware is installed on your machine and allowed to connect to the internet, it will invite all its buddies.

Your only other hope is to run a system restore to a time before the problem occurred. (go to start>accessories>system tools).

If that doesn't work, you might have to wipe your hard drive and cleanly reinstall Windows.

This is why you should never use MS internet explorer!

To prevent this in the future, use a different browser, along with a PROACTIVE defense such as Wintasks or Spybot S&D with Teatimer (I use both). These work differently from McAfee because they assume that anything attempting to write keys to your registry or run background processes is bad, unless you specify otherwise. It's really the only way to be sure.

The more commonly used a browser or an antivirus program is, the more likely it will be to be targeted by malware.

Deepak Kamani