Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linux vs Windows 7
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
RE: Linux vs Windows 7
These are differences between Windows 7 and Linux.
- Windows 7 is very nice operating system. The graphics of the windows 7 are very nice.
- Linux is very easy to learn.
- Linux is working very smooth, ignoring the minor bugs in certain applications.
- Windows 7 is a better than other operating system thus nothing a mistake in it thus it have a wonderful tools and animation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Linux is nice but really missing application compatibility. This time I would go for Windows
Thanks for this great comparison.
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 03:07 PM by Belladesouja.)
Linux is open source operating system but windows is not. Linux provide good user and virus security but windows also provide security. But a security is not as good as Linux. Windows is very user friendly but Linux it little bit difficult for user to access it.
03-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Linux is open. Out of the box, Linux even boasts better media format support than Windows, & it can be the only way to run older hardware at its fullest potential. Windows 7 they know today - & Microsoft deserves lots of praise for actively listening to users. Their operating process is today very efficient in handling memory.
10-25-2011, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 04:45 PM by elleesfisher.)
Windows 7 is the best operating system for use. It is friendly users operating system which make it very easy and fast. Linux is security based operating system which most used for network connection that make safe to conversations.
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I also agree that Windows 7 is the best operating system compared to any other operating system such as Linux. I am using Windows 7 for many years and its really good.
11-16-2011, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 03:25 PM by tech.biztech.)
As per my view and experience windows 7 is much better than Linux. It is like a popular model of a consumer car, which comes in different packages to suit every pocket, is easy to repair as you can find a mechanic on every street corner.
11-21-2011, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 10:30 PM by Deepak Kamani.)
Windows 7

* Better at synthetic benchmarks.
* Faster transfer of large files.
* Final version likely to improve.
* Suspend/resume works!
* Desktop search is well implemented and can go online.
* Media libraries can be pinned to the start menu and task bar.
* Jump lists can genuinely help improve efficiency.
* Starter: No Aero and no 64-bit.
* Home Basic: Developed for emerging markets.
* Home Premium: Standard edition including Aero and touch.
* Professional: Adds remote desktop and encrypted filesystem.
* Enterprise: Unix application support and volume licensing.
* Ultimate: As with enterprise, but for individual users.
* Windows Media Center: Better than almost any other similar app
* DirectX allows for gaming
* Commercial support

Linux

* Faster booting.
* Less memory usage.
* Smaller install size.
* Broader hardware compatibility.
* Nepomuk blurs the border between local and online.
* Gnome Do replaces the task bar entirely.
* Google's Desktop widgets now on Gnome and KDE.
* Versions: Thousands of distributions, have to pick and customize your own.

Deepak Kamani
12-01-2011, 02:59 PM
From my personal experience, Windows 7 is the best operating system I have ever used and other than that I have never used Linux. Windows 7 is the best in speed, multitasking and security.
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2011 04:08 PM by mkvdvdplayer.)
I mean the windows. The fact that more people use Windows, so if you have a question about this, more people will use to you, and most of the programs carried out, are made to Windows, because most Windows or Mac users.