Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cloud vs USB based PW managers for small biz
09-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Cloud vs USB based PW managers for small biz
I'm looking for a password solution for a small business so we don't have to deal with forgotten passwords all day (Our IT contractor likes us at least...).

I was considering the paid lastpass option, then i came across this and am considering a hardware based option now.

Any advice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2011, 02:52 AM
RE: Cloud vs USB based PW managers for small biz
Last pass is very safe. I have used lastpass and found it excellent. Roboform is also excellent if you're using a paid version. Hardware based solutions have their own gimmicks like keeping a pen drive or the device along all the time. The pen drive might get non functional and of course, there are always risks of losing the drive and peace of mind if you keep your data and passwords on it no matter how secure they're kept encrypted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2011, 04:05 AM
RE: Cloud vs USB based PW managers for small biz
I have always preferred storing my passwords on some type of hardware. Whether its a usb drive, or an older laptop designated for such uses, I like to have something physical to touch and feel. The only problem is if your storage device is lost or compromised as was stated previously. I think its a case of personal preference as there is no 100% safe way to store passwords.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user