Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I protect my HDD??
02-15-2010, 05:10 PM
How can I protect my HDD??
I need to know: a system with two HDD, one with operating system and the other with my documents.
Suppose that while connected to the internet a virus is downloaded to the second hdd (i.e. the one with my docs) would it infect the other hard drive(i.e. the one with OS)
I know that the anti virus should prevent this from happening but one never knows.
Thanks guys..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2010, 02:23 AM
RE: How can I protect my HDD??
Virus is harmful for the data , it doesn't matter that where it stored. So you should remove it and at the same time you should have better antivirus software also. According to your question it can be harmful for the other HDD also.
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Once virus has spread in your pc it will affects to the whole HDD. So it is better to clean that time only. so it is suggested that use external HDD so that you can prevent from loosing your important data.
11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Well, there is required to take an immediate action. You can encrypt your files, but will take a long time. To them, then decrypt the encrypted them when you want to open them. A free way to password protect your files is to download a program called the PC, the compressed file, but also give you an option to password protect them.
12-02-2010, 03:42 AM
For Protect the HDD use encrypt all External Drive.Each disc is encrypted with a separate key that is generated when you start the encryption process.
12-08-2010, 05:45 PM
If you want to protect the hard drive you should do some programs that protect you against viruses. It's great to have these programs to scan for viruses on a daily basis so that only you can protect your hard drive. I just want to safeguard the documents on a regular basis or on an external hard drive or burn to DVD. Always keep your antivirus and running. Everything should be fine.