Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What You Need to Know About Using an Antivirus.
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
What You Need to Know About Using an Antivirus.
Probably the most important piece of software you'll need on your computer is that of an antivirus program. Windows systems are highly susceptible to viruses and all types of spyware and Trojans are being made that can destroy your system and make your computer lag and run extremely slow. Here we'll review some of the benefits of using an antiviral program.

Viruses can get into a computer system simply by visiting a certain webpage where the virus is hidden and lurking in the pages. They can also infect computers if the user downloads media from a peer to peer file sharing site. The virus can either be caught from another user's files that unknowingly contain a virus, or through a file where a user has purposely added a virus to the file.

Most viruses are given a threat meter, from least damaging to highest alert. There are websites dedicated to compiling all the latest threat data with information on the threat and removal instructions as well. Check them often to be sure you're running the latest updates.

Purchasing or downloading free antivirus software is the best way to protect your computer against viruses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2010, 05:52 AM
RE: What You Need to Know About Using an Antivirus.
The virus can enter the computer system, simply by visiting a Web page, the latent virus is hidden in the web page. They also can infect the computer if the user downloads from peer-peer file sharing media sites. The virus can be caught from another user the file containing the virus unknowingly by a user deliberately added to the file or a virus.
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I am using Free anti virus basic protection at home.I am quite satisfied with it
01-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Previously i was fed up with virus problem in my PC . I tried alots of software in my PC, but i only get one trustable norton antivirus software which provides total relax to my PC from spywares and viruses.its provides the utility of Effective detects and deletes viruses and spywares .its a Most reliable security shield against spywares and worms.
09-28-2011, 05:15 AM
This is the initial target of hackers who created the software to steal your hard-earned money. Moreover, while it is running, Antivirus AntiSpyware 2011 will warn you with its seemingly endless fake security alerts.
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 09:37 PM by pooja007.)
I am using quick heal antivirus.ist very good take low bandwidth and high security,i recorded try quick heal
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I am really benefited from this discussion.I have been facing problems due to virus.Now,I will surely install a good antivirus on my pc.
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I too agree with you Addison.The only way to protect our computer from virus is installing a good antivirus program.Currently I am using Norton and I am really satisfied with it.
07-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I use quick heal antivirus for my pc. It is very important for pc.without antivirus there may be problems for the computer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
I think nothing need to using an Anti-virus.Simply install and use it.
And safe your PC from Virus and Phishing activities.