Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Other user Yahoo user logged in on browser w/ no physical access to computer
08-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi,

I've got a real stumper here. This last week I've had two unknown yahoo users logged in on my computer. The first time I noticed this a user by the name of michael was logged in when I went to yahoo.ca. I was unable to access the account and was prompted to log in. I contacted yahoo email help and was given a canned reply which was really no help. I logged in today with no concerns, checked my email, and when I went back into yahoo to check my mail again, a user by the name of mariette.foxcroft was signed in. This time I took a screen shot and promptly called yahoo email tech support. I was told that it's impossible for someone else to be logged into their account on my computer without physical access, which is what I've been taught, and have always believed to be dogma. I told them I had not left my computer unattended from the first time I logged into yahoo up to the time this other user was logged in. I was hung up on twice. I've done a malware scan, security essentials is up to date and no problems are evident using OTS security software.

How is this possible and what is it called?? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: Other user Yahoo user logged in on browser w/ no physical access to computer
Can you post the screenshot here? It's also beyond me how could someone else log on to your machine without having access to it. Try doing the following.....

When you find someone else logged on, try opening a different browser and check the same Yahoo page again to check if the same person is showing logged on in another browser also.

Start with clearing browser cache and cookies for all time and see if this happens again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Other user Yahoo user logged in on browser w/ no physical access to computer
This is freaky. I get a little worried that this might also happen to my yahoo account. All of my business transactions with my clients are done in my yahoo account. My laptop is only being borrowed by my brother but I trust him a lot. It's kind of scary to think that someone can access your account without you knowing it. Can this be hacked or something?
09-12-2012, 01:59 AM
This advanced level distant laptop or computer tracking system is very useful for companies as well as mother and father. Every company can use this application to find out what workers do with the internet connection that is given to them.
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
i have everything installed fine i can even see other peoples names on the server connecting screen but when i am in game i dont see anyone.me and a friend on the same server could not see each other at all. has anyone else had this prob?

P.S. this is the : thank you mta if i can see people
09-04-2013, 04:29 PM
What exactly do you mean with get stuck.
for example ...
.You can not get to the login-screen.
..You can get to the login-screen, but cant login.
...You can login, but after login nothing works.
....Only problem at gmail, does outlook.com work ?

I can't tell what happened.
But you could try accessing your gmail with
- another browser, install/use firefox , chrome or opera browser.
- make/use another windows-account, and try it from that new account
- another computer, maybe something wrong with your PC
- from a computer at a friend (another internet-connection)

if all fails, you probally have to contact google.