Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cybercriminals target Blackberry users with malware serving email
08-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Cybercriminals target Blackberry users with malware serving email
Security researchers from Websense, have intercepted a currently running spam email attempting to trick BlackBerry users into downloading and executing the malicious .zip archive.

The archive with MD5: 9a01293b87b058619d55b8d4d12f2a8e is currently detected by 27 out of 42 antivirus scanners as Backdoor.Win32.Androm.gi; Worm:Win32/Gamarue.I.

It is not new but cyber criminals try to take advantage of people by mass mailing millions of emails impersonating multiple brands in an attempt to target as many market segments as possible. Such attacks are on the rise and expected to hit other mobile platforms also.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: Cybercriminals target Blackberry users with malware serving email
WOW it was only a matter of time until they started attacking smartphones. Any idea if iPhone has any malicious email insecurities? Are you able to get a trojan or malware on the smartphone?
Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
So far on my Android, none. There are malware written to exploit Android platforms but mine's been safe so far. Since iPhone is the most dominant platform there are malware targeting it as well. I heard of an App malware targeting iphone that was later removed by Apple from there app store.
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 08:12 PM by shaila93.)
Today SmartPhone users targeting by Hackers more and more.They are stealing users valuable information like credit card password.So SmartPhone user like BlackBerry,Android and iPhone should be more cautious about the matter.
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2012, 05:19 PM
(09-01-2012 08:12 PM)shaila93 Wrote:  Today SmartPhone users targeting by Hackers more and more.They are stealing users valuable information like credit card password.So SmartPhone user like BlackBerry,Android and iPhone should be more cautious about the matter.

I support you shaila. But we can reduce it by increasing our awareness and knowledge. Users should cautious about phishing activity.