Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few pointers for a virus-free life
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
A few pointers for a virus-free life
• If you don't have any antivirus software on your system (shame on you), or if the software has stopped working, stay online and go for a free scan at one of several websites. There's McAfee FreeScan, Symantec Security Check, and Trend Micro's HouseCall. If one doesn't find anything, try two. In fact, running a free online virus scan is a good way to double-check the work of your own local antivirus program. When you're done, buy or download a real antivirus program.

• If you have antivirus software, but it isn't active, get offline, unplugging wires if necessary – whatever it takes to stop your computer from communicating via the internet. Then, promptly perform a scan with the installed software.
• If nothing seems to be working, do more research on the web. There are several system restore software can help you. There is AyRecovery EAZ-FIX. You can restore computer system easily and quickly to a previous healthy state from system with software conflicts, , virus attacks, even corruption and many other problems.
• Be careful with email. Set your email software security settings to high. Don't open messages with generic-sounding subjects that don't apply specifically to you from people you don't know. Don't open an attachment unless you're expecting it.

• If you have broadband internet access, such as DSL or cable, get a router, even if you only have one PC. A router adds an extra layer of protection because your PC is not connecting directly with the internet.
• Check your internet ports. The status of these doorways between your computer and the internet has three different variations: open, in which case your PC is very vulnerable; closed, but still somewhat vulnerable; or stealthed (or hidden), which is safest. Visit Gibson Research's website and run the free ShieldsUP test to see your ports' status. If some ports show up as closed – or worse yet, open – check your router's documentation to find out how to hide them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2009, 02:05 PM
RE: A few pointers for a virus-free life
I have kaspersky antivirus in my computer. I used it because its effectiveness that Kaspersky Anti-Virus doesn’t just find and remove malware, but also keeps an eye on potential security threats. The integrated vulnerability scan checks for system and application issues that should be addressed to reduce/eliminate vulnerabilities.

01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Hello,
Well Nice information you have share for us. I describe some other way..
Here are a few more pointers for a virus-free life:

* Be careful with e-mail. Set your e-mail software security settings to high. Don't open messages with generic-sounding subjects that don't apply specifically to you from people you don't know. Don't open an attachment unless you're expecting it.
* If you have broadband Internet access, such as DSL or cable, get a router, even if you only have one PC. A router adds an extra layer of protection because your PC is not connecting directly with the Internet.
* Check your Internet ports. These doorways between your computer and the Internet can be open, in which case your PC is very vulnerable; closed, but still somewhat vulnerable; or stealthed (or hidden), which is safest. Visit Gibson Research's Web site and run the free ShieldsUP test to see your ports' status. If some ports show up as closed--or worse yet, open--check your router's documentation to find out how to hide them.
08-21-2010, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2010 04:27 PM by Pceser.)
Thanks to all for all your suggestions i am aware of all but here i have the good security system AVG anti virus. This antiviral program offers rock-solid protection for no financial commitment. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition provides all the necessities, including a tool for scanning your hard drive and e-mail, as well as a real-time shield to prevent infections. By default, the application is set to search for new virus definitions daily, but you always can use the scheduling tool to change this. Should a virus create serious system problems, AVG create a rescue disk to scan your computer in MS-DOS mode. The program doesn't tax your system when scanning or when running in the background and always proved effective in our tests. This app's interface can't be described as beautiful, yet it is mostly simple to navigate. Sure, you can plunk down a lot of cash for an antiviral application with more features, but AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition delivers the goods for free
11-24-2010, 07:42 AM
You can download AVG Anti-Virus Free at Internet. Then computer is safe. McAfee FreeScan,Symantec Security Check also Anti-Virus Software.
11-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Thank for the information. I used Avast anti virus. Some time it works but some time it didn't work,i think.
12-22-2010, 11:51 PM
If you have installed anti-virus software, but it is not active, offline, unplug wires if necessary - at all costs to prevent your computer from communicating via the Internet. Then, immediately scan and install the software. E-mail carefully. Set your email software security settings to high. Do not open e-mail with the general high-sounding subject, not specifically for you from people you do not know. Do not open attachments, unless you expected.
12-24-2010, 08:03 PM
If you do not have antivirus software installed on your computer (shame), or the software stops working, stay online and go freely to scan one of the many websites.I used for its effectiveness is that Kaspersky Anti-Virus not only find and remove malware, but also keep an eye on potential security threats.
02-18-2011, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 06:02 AM by robertsonhoney.)
Anti virus software is really good for users. I am using Quick Heal Antivirus because It has great features. It is good for Internet business. It is really a powerful anti-virus program. It can easily protect my PC.