Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do my computer programs not open (incl. anti-virus)?
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Why do my computer programs not open (incl. anti-virus)?
My internet started running super slow and I went to do a virus scan and my AVG 9 (free version) said that "there are no active components." After many hours and a ton of looking up help online I got my internet to work normal again but... my avg was still not working and I had to use the removal tool to get rid of it. Then I ran an online anti-virus (ESET) and it found some stuff and got rid of it. But since then I still can't get ANY anti-virus system to open. The only time it opens is right after installation when it starts up automatically after setup. But when it starts running the computer scan it closes by itself and then I can't open it again. I even had Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware tell me that my trial had expired (5 minutes after I downloaded it). Please someone help! I don't know what to do!
I'm running Windows xp.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2011, 05:08 AM
RE: Why do my computer programs not open (incl. anti-virus)?
It seems you might have removed some of important system files unintentionally or the system is infected with a nasty virus which doesn't let any antivirus install itself.

Normally, the better way is to get rid of corrupt Windows and install a fresh copy. Otherwise, you can try running a good quality antivirus product (the latest norton series or Kaspersky) in safe mode and see if they install. Once installed don't forgot to do a thorough scan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: Why do my computer programs not open (incl. anti-virus)?
There are a number of methods to protect your pc for these you have to set up the antivirus and also you have to upgrade frequent and it can offer so many things which is great to know about it.
Find all posts by this user