Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove XP Home Security 2012 virus without internet?
12-01-2011, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 03:35 AM by Jemshads.)
Remove XP Home Security 2012 virus without internet?
My computer has been infected with a virus that is trying to sell me a fake product "XP Home Security 2012." It has popup windows that keep on telling me that I have all kinds of viruses. "Security breach!" and other phrases it says in the bubbles that come off the start menu. It will let me open the internet; but, it will not let me view any websites. I tried system restore but it won't let me open that either. I only have one anti-Spyware program: "avast! Antispyware," which was unable to detect let alone remove the virus. I don't have access to another computer: the only reason why I'm even on here is because I changed CPUs and used the same monitor and wires. Help please?

To summarize:

-I have the "XP Home Security 2012" virus
-I don't have access to the internet
-I can't use system restore
-I don't have access to a separate computer (unless I alternate CPUs)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 06:10 AM by alijayadv.)
RE: Remove XP Home Security 2012 virus without internet?
The sweetable way would probably be to use a different computer and download Malwarebyte's Anti Malware.
Use a flash drive and open up the installer on the infected computer. Once done, install Mbam and restart your computer.
Continually tap f8 until it gives you the option to run in Safe Mode.
When you go to safe mode, run Mbam and do a full scan of your computer. Hopefully this will find the virus affecting you and remove it.
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: Remove XP Home Security 2012 virus without internet?
You can try to start your computer in Safe mode and download some other antivirus program which can run together with your antivirus software.