Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help me to solve this error
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Please help me to solve this error
I have AVG virus protection always on and windows XP firewall enabled.
Why do I still get infected with some Trojan horses?
I check for updates every day so I am sure I am up to date.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
RE: Please help me to solve this error
Merely having an updating antivirus or a firewall enabled would not give 100% protection against worms and trojan horses or other types of malware. You need to be watchful.

Here are some practical tips to avoid getting infected. Taken from: http://irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html

NEVER download blindly from people or sites which you aren't 100% sure about. In other words, as the old saying goes, don't accept candy from strangers. If you do a lot of file downloading, it's often just a matter of time before you fall victim to a trojan.

Even if the file comes from a friend, you still must be sure what the file is before opening it, because many trojans will automatically try to spread themselves to friends in an email address book or on an IRC channel. There is seldom reason for a friend to send you a file that you didn't ask for. When in doubt, ask them first, and scan the attachment with a fully updated anti-virus program.

Beware of hidden file extensions! Windows by default hides the last extension of a file, so that innocuous-looking "susie.jpg" might really be "susie.jpg.exe" - an executable trojan! To reduce the chances of being tricked, unhide those pesky extensions.

NEVER use features in your programs that automatically get or preview files. Those features may seem convenient, but they let anybody send you anything which is extremely reckless. For example, never turn on "auto DCC get" in mIRC, instead ALWAYS screen every single file you get manually. Likewise, disable the preview mode in Outlook and other email programs.

Never blindly type commands that others tell you to type, or go to web addresses mentioned by strangers, or run pre-fabricated programs or scripts (not even popular ones). If you do so, you are potentially trusting a stranger with control over your computer, which can lead to trojan infection or other serious harm.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security just because you run anti-virus programs. Those do not protect perfectly against many viruses and trojans, even when fully up to date. Anti-virus programs should not be your front line of security, but instead they serve as a backup in case something sneaks onto your computer.

Finally, don't download an executable program just to "check it out" - if it's a trojan, the first time you run it, you're already infected!

Make sure you never open e-mail attachments unless you know who they're from, especially attachments with the extensions .exe, .ink and .vbs.

Install patches and security updates for your operating system and software as they become available.

Patch up your browsers regularly for security holes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2010, 03:09 AM
To remove your trojan virus first check that which trojan virus is in your pc because there are many trojan viruses are on internet.After get name of that virus download remover tools for that trojan to remove it.Some trojan viruses can not be deleted or repaired by anti virus.So you have to use remover tool.
12-30-2010, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2010 08:14 AM by athelnstone.)
Trojan is very critical virus.Some Trojan viruses can not removed by anti-virus and to remove them you have to use remover tools for Trojan.Quick heal is best anti-virus to remove or prevent Trojan viruses and also It provides tools to remove specific Trojan viruses.
12-31-2010, 05:55 PM
(01-19-2010 03:04 PM)kateriyan Wrote:  I have AVG virus protection always on and windows XP firewall enabled.
Why do I still get infected with some Trojan horses?
I check for updates every day so I am sure I am up to date.

I dont think so AVG help you in trojans problem in your computer you may need a strong antivirus !!
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
In my pc there are many Trojan virus in there. It is critical virus. After get name of that virus download remover tools for that trojan to remove it. Now a days I have to use Quick Heal virus it can be detected all Trojan virus and remove particular virus.
02-02-2011, 05:01 PM
To protect your system from spyware and trojans you need to install spyware doctor software. It protect your pc from Trojans and Viruses.....
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Trojan is very dangerious virus so that some of the anti virus also can't support. It also possible sometimes anti virus itself convert into virus and infect our computer. So you should install some strong and protective anti virus, so it may helpful your computer.
04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Some Trojan viruses can not be removed by antivirus alone, maybe you can use other virus removal tools just like a WormBlaster.