Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Computer specification help?
12-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Computer specification help?
Just a question or two about this laptop i'm thinking about getting. I'm buying an HP 2000z customized laptop. What i'm getting is this:

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor and Graphics: AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450(1.65GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) + AMD Radeon HD 6320M Discrete-Class Graphics

Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Hard drive: 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Firstly, does anyone know what the 1MB L2 cache mean in a processor? Also,is this good enough to play some decent games, and still be able to use it for college at the same time. I also plan on live streaming stuff, and I know that streaming has to do more with your internet upload speed, but I wanna know if these customizations are decent enough to get by. I know it's not a high end computer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
RE: Computer specification help?
L2 cache is a part of CPU memory which is checked before main memory (DDR). Therefore L1 and L2 caches' are faster than rest of the system memory. Cache memory comes with the die (CPU core) and is not separately available.

Talking of your system, as you're also aware you're settling for a decent machine which may not be able to play high end games. 4gb DDR3 is a nice addon along with a large capacity hard drive. If you're going to use it for media streaming and such, you won't encounter any problem. You are good to go.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 01:12 AM
The best part about the pc auto fix shop facilities is that, they have all the applications useful on CDs and DVDs and they keep them modified. Since they are authorized with the greater power, they have the right to buy certified application applications and transfer spares on general prices.
09-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Playing high end games requires minimum of 6GB RAM. The laptop that you're planning to buy only has 4GB plus the fact that it's a laptop. I suggest you buy a desktop or upgrade your desktop to make it gaming ready then you just use your laptop for streaming and some of your school stuff.
09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
it is something like a memory in your CPU. A CPU cache is a cache used by the central processing unit of a computer to reduce the average time to access memory
09-26-2012, 05:52 PM
it is good enough, just don't use it to play some games with advanced graphics.... to play those, you may need some external memory