Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird Virus(I think)
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Weird Virus(I think)
Hello.

One day I tried to boot my PC but it would not go past a certain screen(see in pic)

-The computer will not boot from this hard drive
-Any other computer will not boot with this hard drive connected as a slave
-Bios detects this hard drive perfectly.
-The hard drive spins and appears to be in working mechanical condition
-Windows will not detect this hard drive if hot swapped.
-No windows diagnostic tools I've tried detect it.

What do? Please help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Weird Virus(I think)
It looks like your MBR is damaged. Some viruses are known to do that as they attack bootsector of hard drives. Try attaching this drive to a different machine (do not attempt to boot from this drive). Run a thorough scan on it with an antivirus with latest updated definitions. Norton is good enough for this. If the drive is really infected, it should detect virus and fix boot record.

Alternatively, you can try to repair master boot record by yourself depending on the operating system you're using.

You can find the steps here:- http://tips4pc.com/articles/computer%20t...ot_sec.htm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Weird Virus(I think)
Probably the most important piece of software you'll need on your computer is that of an antivirus program. Windows systems are highly susceptible to viruses and all types of spyware and Trojans are being made that can destroy your system and make your computer lag and run extremely slow. Here we'll review some of the benefits of using an antiviral program

Read how to get usa immigration and also read what America have in usa for kids http://www.whatisusa.info/usa-for-kids/
Find all posts by this user