Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips to stay Young and Happy in testing times
07-14-2009, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2009 09:42 PM by Aakash.)
Tips to stay Young and Happy in testing times
These few tips have been sent to me by a friend. Some have been taken out from articles, some come out of my own experience with the strange thing called Life.

I wish the tips can help you stay positive and optimistic in tough, trying, testing times.

Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight, and height.

Let the doctors worry about them.. That is why you pay them.

Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.

Keep learning
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with them!

Understand the tears happen
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself.
LIVE while you are alive.

Surround yourself with what you love
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.

Shun Negative, self limiting feelings
Stay away from negativity. You are one unique creation of the Higher power. You are not inferior to anyone and you most assuredly have the right to enjoy your life. Stop reeling under negative and self limiting thoughts.

Cherish your health
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

Spread and share happiness, laughter and all the good things

Find Happiness in Small Things
Big things are great, but they tend to not roll around very often. Instead of looking ahead to the next "big" thing, focus on all the little things that happen every day that brighten up your world.

Slow Down and Hear The Sweetness
Listen to music. Try to make a specific time during the day to listen to a little music. If you do it when you're trying to do an unpleasant task, such as cleaning the house, you'll find that the time goes by much faster and more pleasantly!

Try to stay optimistic and Positive
I know it is hard to remain optimistic during tough times. However, that's the real test. Anyone can stay optimistic when things are easy. Try to come out winner no matter how worse the situations are.

Learn to take challenges
Do what you are afraid of doing (in mean in a positive way). Start taking control. Do not hesitate to take challenges.

Make use of your Talents
Do not let your skills rot. Make use of God's gift. Utilize your talents. It surely will keep you brimming with confidence and happy.

See the big picture
Things never stay the same. Change is inevitable. Testing times pass by. Nothing remains stale. Realize there is always an opportunity to rise up for better. Start seeing bigger picture. Stop being myopic.

Live in the Moments
Every moment has so much to offer. Value each moment. Value the time you still have available. Appreciate that you are alive and breathing!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: Tips to stay Young and Happy in testing times
We all know that life is a series of zigzag lines. To live a healthy and happy life mostly depends on an individual as how he wants to live his life. Many people strive to find what will make them happy and full filled in life. Here are some suggestions: Spend time with your friends and family, Yoga/Meditation, think of others, etc.
Find all posts by this user
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Its really important to look good as well as to stay happy in your life to live a healthy and longer life. Everybody wants to look young and to be happy in life. If you want to be happy then try to share and care. To remain young, eat right and do some regular exercise.
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!
09-20-2012, 07:46 AM
I liked these tips a lot. I would say that my tips to stay young are to exercise and keep yourself mobile, and eat as healthy as you can. I exercise every single day for at least 30 minutes and I feel much better afterwards. It keeps my body from growing old and keeps the blood flowing. Another benefit of exercise is a better skin texture. When you exercise your blood is pumped around your body at a faster rate and it leaves your skin with a glow.
09-26-2012, 05:49 PM
hi, sometimes people ignoring their health if they are in their way in getting something they like the most. Not to be naive, but sometimes I do the same. In your opinion, how we can change this lifestyle?