Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great FREE, Easy-to-use backup software to back up important data
07-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Great FREE, Easy-to-use backup software to back up important data
When was the last time you backed up all the important files on your hard disk? Do you have a backup copy of those precious photos taken on your last holiday, of your resume and other important documents you have created, or of your favorite music and movies? While most computer users admit backups are important, few people actually do so… until it is too late and the damage has been done.

Why is backing up data important?
If you've ever been in a situation in which you've almost completed an important project, only to have your computer spontaneously crash seconds before hitting the "save" button, you understand how frustrating losing your data can be.

Now, imagine losing all your important files - everything from business files, to family photos, to your tax returns - permanently. Although many of us prefer to adhere to the mantra of "it'll never happen to me", the truth is, it could. What's worse, the modern computer is ever more vulnerable to the imminent threats multiplying on the Internet - everything from adware, to spyware, to viruses.

GFI Backup 2009 is a nice free tool I have found that does the job of backing up and recovery very easy.

Good new is GFI Backup 2009 is completely free.
GFI Backup 2009 allows you to back up all your important documents, photos, music, emails and program settings using a simple but smart wizard-driven interface to nearly every storage device (including local and external disk drives, LAN, CD/DVD, removable devices, remote FTP servers, etc.).

Download GFI Backup 2009

Note: The downlad on GFI website requires registration. GFI backup 2009 was previously known as Titan Backup until GFI acquired it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: Great FREE, Easy-to-use backup software to back up important data
I have a windows XP and regularly backup on a USB thumb drive which works just fine, no problems.But recently I purchased a Seagate external hard drive for additional backups. It had problems. It repeatedly caused my computer to freeze up.My solution was simple...I formated the Seagate erasing all of their pre-programmed trinkets and now I can use it like any simple USB thumb drive. I backup two ways. #1. Using a briefcase. #2. I copy all my files to it according to date without a briefcase. That way if I lose one file I can go back to that date and bring it back into my main files.I learned the hard way a long time ago to back-up files.
Find all posts by this user
05-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I heard once a backup job is defined you can run it manually by pressing the Backup button (or F6), or if you added a scheduler it will run automatically. FBackup can easily back up sources from local drives (including USB connected drives) to destinations such as USB/Firewire connected devices or mapped network locations. It creates either standard zip files (when using the full backup type), or exact copies of the original sources without any compression (using the mirror backup type). The best thing about this freeware backup software is that it protects your data for free.

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
USB flash drives can sustain only a limited number of write/erase cycles before failure. In normal use, mid-range flash drives currently on the market will support several million cycles, although write operations will gradually slow as the device ages. This should be a consideration when using a flash drive for backup purposes.
07-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Most people know to protect your important files, and most plan but appears to be one of those things that is often used, sometimes until it is too late. One of the reasons that it was because of the time and difficulty of the backup procedure. A backup program must be able to do this job as simple as possible. chances are you already know the importance of backing up your files and have come looking for software to help you do that without having to spend much time learning how to use. Call for the average user, a backup program should have an assistant or step by step guide to be in the process of backing up your files. Then you should be able to put it and forget it, and no doubt will continue to work behind the scenes to protect your data.
09-21-2010, 01:53 PM
These all information which you can share is really very great. In normal use, mid-range flash drives currently on the market will support several million cycles, although write operations will gradually slow as the device ages. These all back up processing file is really very great to share with us.
09-24-2010, 11:59 PM
In the current market so many software are available for backup your data, Because Data is most important for any organization so as per my experiance Power Backup is an easy-to-use program intended to automatically back up important data to your hard disk, the local area network, a CD or DVD.
11-25-2010, 06:00 AM
Well, Most people know to protect your important files, and most plan but appears to be one of those things that is often used, sometimes until it is too late.These save all the information you can share is very high. In normal use, the flash of mid-range players currently on the market will support several million cycles, although write operations will gradually slow the aging of the device. These save the file all treatment is really great to share with us.
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for sharing, i'll give it a shot.
BTW, i've been using todo backup freeware for a long time. it offers full, incremental, and differential backup.
i usually set up a daily backup schedule, and save three versions of the images, which means that the software automatically delete the old images.
a specific file can also be restored in Windows explorer from a folder or partition backup image.
i googled an article about todo backup with some screenshots.
11-20-2011, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 02:04 AM by markkjeforsonn.)
Now, imagine losing all your important files - everything from business documents, family photos, your tax returns - permanently. While many of us prefer to adhere to the "it will never happen to me", the fact is that it can mantra. To make matters worse, the modern computer is more than ever on the Internet easily multiplied by the imminent threat - everything from advertising, spyware, viruses.