Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best free antivirus software
07-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Best free antivirus software
Best free antivirus software for Windows
I have been doing a lot of testing on best antivirus software for pc. Sadly, there aren't many free antivirus programs available apart from few known ones.

The free antivirus programs that we have been popular ones include

1. AVG Antivirus
2 Avira Antivir
3 Avast Antivirus

The above three are the most common software programs that we all know.

Lets' discuss which one and why do you think your pick should be adjudged as the best free antivirus software for your windows based pc. I'd really want to see more choices available in free antivirus segment. That however, must include real time scanning and protection against viruses.
Find all posts by this user
07-30-2009, 03:25 AM
RE: Best free antivirus software
My vote goes to Avira Antivirus. Reason, very good detection rate, fast and light on resources, easier to install and free real time protection on top of that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Well, I had usually been using AVG until they came with version 8.0 and stopped updates for previous versions. AVG has hardly ever disappointed me.

Killing computer problems Camouflaging!
PC Security Forum
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
(07-29-2009 07:32 AM)techsniper Wrote:  Best free antivirus software for Windows
I have been doing a lot of testing on best antivirus software for pc. Sadly, there aren't many free antivirus programs available apart from few known ones.

The free antivirus programs that we have been popular ones include

1. AVG Antivirus
2 Avira Antivir
3 Avast Antivirus

The above three are the most common software programs that we all know.

Lets' discuss which one and why do you think your pick should be adjudged as the best free antivirus software for your windows based pc. I'd really want to see more choices available in free antivirus segment. That however, must include real time scanning and protection against viruses.

AVAST is good security software for pc protection I was using it before three months its was going good for me.but unfortunately it was expired so i hired Antivirus wizard .
03-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I agree that Avast is a good antivirus but the thing is that AVG and Avira has been providing better services than Avast. I have used all the three, but I found AVG most convenient to use. Avira requires frequent updates and that's the only problem I found with it. Now, we got to understand that the way the actual products of these free version antivirus would obviously provide better understanding than what services we get currently.
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Antivirus software provides an essential layer of protection from a multitude of virus, trojan, worm, spyware and kylogger infections. There are more than several companies provide anti-virus software for free. I like Avast because It runs quick and free, works great, faster than Norton IS 2010 and works easier than most anti virus software that I have used.
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I've always found Avast! to be the easiest, simplest and best free solution. Just select the Home solution (assuming, of course, you're not using it in a corporate environment) and select the free edition.
06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
If I have to choose one of these three then I will vote for the Avast antivirus software. It is because Avast have the command prompt scanning facility which can scan the viruses when at the time of booting, that can kill all the viruses before it will activated. I like this feature.
07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
AVG THE BEST!.
I was searching for a good antivirus software for the last three years. i had almost all the antivirus programs installed in my sytem at some point of time. all had some issues like slowing the system down,not effective protection. but AVG is like it is good. new version is really niceSmile
08-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Avast is the best option from the given list. It consists of nice features and functionalities. So, there is no problem to use it. It is very easy to install as well as use. It is very effective and reliable anti-virus software.
Thread Closed